Hey guys I am Dubakoor Guru, yet another Incarnation of Venky like Venkey and Mankey . My main aim is to enlighten you guys how to do things.
I am back once again with a “This is howie do it” guide. Last time I enlightened you guys about How to put together a Page 3 page. If you aren’t enlightened as yet, enlighten yourself by reading that once again here
Ok! Now back to business, this time i am gonna teach you how to put together a promo song for Bollywood. Yep, you heard that right. I’ll leave a sample at the end of the post too. Now everything has been given in points for your purpose.
1. Nowadays the opening songs are of hip hop genre, make sure it is of that kind.
2. Dont get local artists to perform in that video.Instead get Sardars from London to rap. Like in this video
3. Now let us come to lyrics part. Most of the films like these, deal with money and how money is king and stuff like that. They enlighten you about the reality and ideality. So make sure your lyrics contain them.
4. While composing the lyrics in Hindi or another regional language make sure you insert sentences in English. It should have no meaning and shouldn’t be clearly uttered, so that people cant understand.
5. Pick a catch phrase from the lyrics and that should be repeated like umpteen times.
6. Dont worry about the tune. There are millions of English music videos from which we can rip off.
7. As far as the choreography is concerned, a surreal set is a must and there should be no outdoor locations.
8. The costumes of the actors also should be very western and Coolers are a must.
9. As far as dancing moves, there should be a signature move which he or she should do all the time. It is usually waving the hands up and down like a rapper and shaking your neck.
10. Last but not least the actors should give an expression they are billion bucks like this
Put this all together you have your promo music video ready hurray!!! and the VJ will exactly point a finger in middle of the TV screen with pin point screen and presses the imaginary button and it will be played
Listen carefully the tune of this song is from “50 cent – yeah”. You can also observe; the set is surreal; it has one signature move, one sentence which is repeated often( Baarish kardoon Paise ki jo tu hoge meri); Akki gives a ‘billion bucks expression’ with coolers on; there English sentences in between too and it is about money.
Until next time this is Dubakoor Guru signing off
hey one more thing guys, Speak bindass interviewed me last week; I have left a link in the sidebar in the Pages widget. Do check it out if you haven't read it as yet.